I was very lucky to have met a great group of women when my eldest was 6 months old. We got
together each week and formed a play group for our little ones and we made friendships that
would last for years to come.
Not only were these women great company, but fantastic cooks. Each week we would rotate hosts
and provide a wonderful lunch for the group.
One of the many recipes I ‘stole’ from this time was this easy and versatile Catalina Salad
Dressing. I wanted to give credit in this blog to the creator but it seems too many years have
passed and no one remembers whose recipe it was. So, I would like to thank Dana, Melissa, Robin,
Steph and Terry for the yummy lunches and the great memories.
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 cup canola oil
In a food processor or blender combine all the ingredients except oil until well mixed.
Then while the food processor is on pour the oil in until well combined.
Use right away or pour into an air tight container and refrigerate. Will keep in an air-tight
container in the fridge for about a month.
I like to serve the dressing on a chopped salad platter of egg, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, grated
cheddar cheese, chicken and avocado, or it’s versatile enough to use on any salad.
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup canola oil
- In food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients except oil until well mixed.
- Then while food processor is on pour the oil in until well combined.
- Use right away or pour into an air-tight container and refrigerate. Will keep in the fridge for about a month.
- I like to serve the dressing on a chopped salad platter of egg, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, grated cheddar cheese, chicken and avocado or it's versatile to be served on your favorite salad.
Easy! Done! Enjoy!
Plan-it Vicki is the brainchild of Vicki Ross, an experienced Event Planner located in Avon, a suburb of Hartford, Connecticut. Vicki has created wonderful celebrations all over Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts. She and her staff provide services for small, intimate dinner parties as well as weddings, and bar and bat mitzvahs.
For help with your next event contact Plan-it Vicki